Like all other social media apps, Twitter allows you to connect with your followers and share your thoughts with them. It’s also a great way to follow celebrities’ activities and read the news. But sometimes, we all want a break to have personal quality time. And if this sounds like you at the moment, you have arrived at the right place.
Are you ready to take a break from Twitter? This comprehensive guide will explain how to delete a Twitter account on iPad, the web, Mac, and iPhone. Plus, you will learn how to download a copy of your Twitter archive.
Before we get started, it’s important to recognize the difference between deleting the Twitter app from your device and deactivating your Twitter account. If you simply delete the Twitter app on your iPad or other devices, your Twitter account will remain “active.” However, if you wish to remove your profile from Twitter, you’ll need to follow the instructions below to deactivate your account. So, without further ado, let’s learn how to leave the nest.
How to Delete a Twitter Account on iPad
On your iPad, click your profile icon on your Twitter account and choose Settings, then Privacy. Click on your Twitter account and choose “Deactivate your account.” Go through the deactivate/delete information and select the deactivate option. Submit your account password after the prompt and click on Delete. If you don’t return to the platform in 30 days, your Twitter account will be deleted. This is how to delete Twitter on your iPad. These simple steps will delete your Twitter account on the iPad successfully.
Before you Delete Your Twitter Account
Many users are confused about how to delete a Twitter account on an iPad. For different reasons, they no longer wish to log into their account.
And if you want to leave the nest and escape the tweets, here’s how you can save your years of tweets in a few easy steps.
How to Download your Twitter Data
If you think you may want to return to your Twitter account, it is suggested to download a copy of your Twitter data. But if you don’t care about your Twitter data that much, just skip this section.
- First, launch the app on your iPad or iPhone. As an alternative, you can also head over to the Twitter website.
- Swipe from left to right. Alternatively, click on your profile icon.
- Select Settings and Support. Afterward, go to Settings & Privacy.
- Now, go to the top to click on Your Account.
- Select Download an archive of your data.
- Finally, follow all the prompts.
This is how to request a ZIP file that consists of the following:
- Ad data
- Account information
- Account history
- Account activity
Everything from your first tweet to the last activity will be added to this ZIP file. So, if you’re sentimental, downloading this file will do you no harm.
Check out the below YouTube video tutorial to better grasp the process:
How to Delete Twitter on iPad
How can one stop sharing content through Twitter? We will discuss 4 effective and simple steps to delete Twitter on iPad.
Deactivate your account on iPad through the official Twitter website
The first “how to delete a Twitter account on iPad” method is pretty straightforward. But know that deactivation can not be achieved on mobile phones.
Instead, it has to be done from the official Twitter website on the web. Therefore, sign in to your account on the web and follow these instructions:
- At the top right corner of your Twitter account, click on your profile icon by selecting from the pull-down menu. This will lead to the account settings. Alternatively, click on More at the bottom of the left pane, and choose “Settings and Support > Settings and Privacy.”
- Under Your Account, tap on Deactivate my account, which is mentioned at the end of the page.
- Go through the account deactivation information and press the Deactivate button.
- Afterward, a pop-up dialogue box will appear to request you to submit your password. It is crucial to enter the password as a way to confirm that you actually wish to deactivate your Twitter account. After giving your password, simply confirm yes.
It is possible to delete Twitter on iPad directly from the official website by following these easy steps. However, if you do not want to access the web, try the next method below.
Another hack for deactivating the Twitter app on your iPad is through the settings menu. As you might already know, the settings app on an iPad are truly powerful because it allows you to set ringtones, manage apps, and do other important stuff. Here is how you can delete the Twitter app on your iPad.
- First, tap on the Settings app, and from there, jump to General.
- Choose Storage and iCloud usage.
- Click on Manage Storage and scroll down to discover the Twitter app.
- Tap on Twitter, and afterward, click on Delete App. Now, a pop-up dialogue box will ask you whether you are determined to delete Twitter. Just click on Delete App to delete Twitter on your iPad.
Deactivate your Twitter account via iTunes
There is another great method to solve your problem, which is possible by using a computer. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit iTunes on a computer.
- Tap on the Library and from there, go to Apps.
- Now, you will view an interface that displays all the apps downloaded in the iTunes library and, ultimately, on the computer hard drive.
- Select the Twitter app and click on the Delete key.
- At this point, a pop-up dialogue box will confirm whether you truly want to keep or delete the app in the library, along with removing it from the hard drive. Hit Yes to these questions. This action will nuke the Twitter app from the computer hard drive and library.
- To delete Twitter on iPad, users will have to execute a sync. Furthermore, iTunes will ask whether you want to add Twitter to your library. In case you wish to add the app to the computer hard drive, just click on the Transfer button. Or else, you will have to click the Don’t Transfer button to remove the app on iPad too.
- Lastly, the app will be removed from both the iPad and computer hard drive simultaneously.
If you wish to consider a third-party program to delete Twitter on iPad, try Leawo iTransfer.
Deactivate the account via Leawo iTransfer
This helpful third-party software program offers professional assistance to delete your Twitter account on your iPad. Leawo iTransfer‘s interface is extremely intuitive and user-friendly, which allows users to manage iPad files between computers, iPhones, iTunes, and iPad with maximum ease.
Leawo iTransfer can easily send documents, such as apps, ebooks, images, and more, between your computer and iOS device. Additionally, you can safely save files on your iTunes and computers.
Also, the one-of-a-kind software program allows you to remove iPad files, including videos, contacts, apps, and pictures, from the computer directly.
This is why it is such a great option to delete Twitter on iPad. First, you have to download and install the software program on your personal computer (or Mac). The following instructions will explain how to delete a Twitter account on an iPad through the computer:
Launch the software and select the app
Run Leawo iTransfer and link the iPad to the PC via the USB cable. There will be an option called iPad Library on the left side. Tap on it and from there, choose Apps. Now, the right window will feature all the installed apps.
Remove the app on your iPad through the computer
Search for the Twitter app in the right-hand corner and click on it. From the top of the interface, tap on Delete to remove the app from the device. Now the software program will start to delete Twitter. After this process is complete, you will be free to enjoy a Twitter-free life.
Delete Twitter from Mac
Similar rules apply if you wish to delete Twitter on your Mac. However, rather than using the Mac app, you will have to log in to the web client from the browser. Then, follow the instructions ahead to deactivate your account:
- Launch any browser on Mac.
- Go to the Twitter website.
- If needed, sign in to the Twitter account.
- Tap on the More button present at the left sidebar.
- Choose Settings & Support in the drop-down menu.
- Tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Press the Deactivate your account button.
- Go through the warning information.
- Click the Deactivate button.
- After the prompts, submit your account password.
Lastly, click on the Deactivate button again.
Also Read: How to Use iPad as a Drawing Tablet
Delete Twitter from iPhone
Follow these instructions for both mobile web browsers and iOS:
- Launch the official website on your iPhone’s browser.
- Press the profile icon.
- Scroll down and select Settings and Support > Settings and Privacy.
- Now, click on Your Account at the top of the page.
- Select Deactivate Your Account from the bottom of the page.
- After going through the disclaimers, tap on Deactivate.
Lastly, submit your account password and follow the prompts for deleting your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that we have covered all the possible ways to delete a Twitter account on an iPad, it is time to answer any further questions you might have regarding the topic.
The following answers will familiarize you more with the matter.
Is deactivating the same as deleting Twitter?
No, deactivating and deleting are different. However, deactivation is the first step to deleting your account forever. Officially, the deactivation only remains for 30 days.
And if a user does not open their Twitter account within this strict timeframe, the account will be permanently deleted. Additionally, the username won’t be available anymore.
How do I delete a second Twitter account on the app?
Here are the instructions to delete your second Twitter account:
- Tap the Profile icon, and choose the second account. Tap the Profile button again, and choose Settings and Support > Settings and Privacy.
- Navigate to Your account and press the Deactivate your account option.
- Go through the account deactivation information and confirm to Deactivate.
- Submit your password after a prompt appears; then click on Deactivate.
Finally, confirm that you wish to continue by clicking on Yes.
How do I delete an old Twitter account I can’t access?
To delete an old Twitter account that you can not access anymore, fill out a deletion request form. This step is useful if you cannot access your phone number or email address.
After offering the requested details to Twitter, the app will be able to bring you access to the account once more. Now, it is up to you to decide whether to deactivate your company account or your personal one.
Does deleting the Twitter app delete account?
No, if you only remove the Twitter app from your iPad or other devices, it will not lead to the deletion of your account.
Recently, some users are not enjoying Twitter as much due to Elon Musk taking over and the drama surrounding it, which has polarized some users. And with new features being added and removed, there are users who are steering away from the platform.
Due to these changes, some users are deciding to delete Twitter on iPads and other devices. Considering how fun and interactive the app is, it’s a shame to see this downturn. The only real analog or competitor to Twitter is Mastodon, which requires a user to be tech-savvy, so be prepared.
However, if you’re prepared to give up on this app in favor of other platforms, this guide is a one-stop destination to learn everything you need to know.
Which one of the above-mentioned steps did you go for? Do let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!