We all love to save bookmarks in the Chrome browser while surfing a website, right? And just in case you don’t know how to do it — simply tap on the star icon situated at the end of the address bar. This is how you can create bookmarks on your Chromebook.
Although bookmarks are useful, they tend to pile up if users are reckless with them, leaving you with a lot of cluttered and unorganized stuff. Therefore, if you wish to learn how to clean up your bookmarks, you are in the right place!
In today’s guide, we will walk you through how to delete bookmarks on Chromebook. Whether you want to delete just one bookmark, or do a huge batch delete, look no further than this guide.
Additionally, you can use third-party bookmark managers to organize all of your links. With that being said, let’s move forward with the guide.
How to Delete Bookmarks on Chromebook
If you want to know how to delete bookmarks on your Chromebook, read the following instructions:
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- Click More, then click Bookmarks and then Bookmark Manager.
- Navigate to the bookmark which you want to erase.
- Tap on the “Delete” button.
- This will delete the bookmark from the Chromebook.
Can I Delete Bookmarks on Chromebook?
One of the benefits of using the Chrome browser is the freedom to take the bookmarks with you whenever you sign in to your Google Account on any device.
However, some users do not want a bunch of bookmarks following them everywhere, and erasing unneeded ones can result in a flawless and clean browsing experience.
Do you want to know how to delete bookmarks on a Chromebook? Lucky for you, we have explained two simple and foolproof methods to do exactly this in the following sections.
But, in simple words, it is through either the Bookmark Manager or the Bookmarks Bar. And to know the instructions for both ways, read this article till the end!
Deleting Bookmarks on Chromebook
We’ve included two easy ways to erase bookmarks on your Chromebook.
From the Bookmarks Bar
The simplest and fastest way to delete bookmarks on your Chromebook is possible by using the Bookmarks Bar.
Follow these instructions for this process:
- Launch the Chrome browser on the device.
- If you do not see a Bookmark Bar, press Ctrl + Shift + B. This will display the Bookmark Bar.
- Now, right-click on the bookmark you wish to delete. Press the Delete button.
Success! You have erased the bookmark. You can do the same for any other bookmark. And if you wish to delete numerous bookmarks at the same time, read the next section, where we will explain how to do it.
Also Read: Here are 4 Methods to Save Images on a Chromebook!
From the Bookmark Manager
Do you have a large amount of bookmarks on the Chromebook that you want to remove? The Bookmark Manager is the best tool made for this purpose. Chromebook users also use this tool to organize their bookmarks.
If you are unaware of how to access Bookmark Manager, here are the instructions:
- Launch the Chrome browser on your device.
- Tap Ctrl + Shift + O.
- This will immediately launch the Bookmark Manager.
- Alternatively, tap on the 3 dot menu in the top right corner.
- Navigate to Bookmarks.
- From here, go to Bookmark Manager.
- Next, choose all the bookmarks you wish to remove and press the Delete button positioned at the top right corner.
- This will delete those saved web pages.
- If you created multiple bookmark folders, follow the next instruction.
- Open each bookmark and delete them from the folder separately.
- If you want to erase all the saved bookmarks on the computer at the same time, tap on CTRL + A to choose all bookmarks.
- Now, press the Delete button from the top right corner. Do the same action for all the bookmark folders you want to remove.
- But for the custom bookmark folders, the instructions are different. Right-click on the custom bookmark folder and click Remove. This will instantly remove the custom bookmark folder and all the bookmarks within it.
That’s it! See this tutorial video to learn more.
How to Organize and Erase Your Bookmarks on A Chromebook
Now you know how to delete bookmarks on Chromebook and categorize them according to your preferences. As mentioned earlier, if you have imported a large amount of Chrome bookmarks and wish to erase all of them, the Bookmark Manager is the best tool and is made especially for this purpose.
This helpful tool ensures efficient and fast management. Aside from this, if you want to erase just one bookmark, it can be done from the Bookmark Bar.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get rid of bookmarks in Chrome that won’t delete?
- Disable Bookmark Extensions.
- Tap on the Chrome menu.
- Navigate to More Tools.
- Now, tap on Extensions.
- Switch off iCloud Bookmarks
Why do deleted bookmarks keep coming back in Chrome?
Launching the Chrome browser on another device might cause the removed bookmarks to appear elsewhere. To fix this, reset Chrome Sync to erase all synced data saved on Google servers.
Are you sick of your bookmark mess? Well, now that you’ve read this article, you shouldn’t have any worries related to your Chromebook bookmarks! Chromebook bookmarks are a great feature that lets you save your favorite links. But often, users realize that they have saved many links on their Chromebook computer. This makes them want to erase the saved websites to clean their Chrome browser.
If you are a beginner to Chromebook, you have finally learned how to delete bookmarks on Chromebook! Did you find this guide helpful? Let us know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading, and until next time!
Leave a Reply